Monday, February 17, 2014

. The Day of Love .

OH FOR THE LOVE! 
ha! I have been running around like a mad woman the past two weeks! 
hence the late post! better late than never, right? 
soo us just moving into a new house in july and coming from a SMALL apartment I haven't had as many decorations as I'd like... but I do have a few Valentine's day decorations.
on top of that I have been put on a strict crafting allowance :/ 
therefore I had to get VERY creative! 
I never watch tv during the day.. I am a dvr kinda girl... but I was folding laundry and studio 5 was on! and it was craft time! ahh k have you ever been onto theglitzypear.blogspot.com
umm she is DARLING! and we both have a gold obsession! so she made this
IMG_2763.JPG.jpg

adorable right?? so I started thinking about it and i was like k I have 90% of that stuff so lets make it! 


This is what I started with..  honestly I didn't see if she had a tutorial or not. I'm the kinda person that just looks at something and makes up how I'm going to make it! 
I do know on studio 5 she said she made hers with coffee filters. I used cupcake tins ( I don't know if thats what they are really called) and just hot glued them to this heart cardboard cut out! 
then I took some ribbon that I had on hand and glued it around the edges so you couldn't see the edge of the cardboard! 
I did have to go and get the wood stick for the arrow and the paper on the arrow. 
I spray painted it gold, cut, hot glued, and glittered of course! 


And tada!! she was made! haha I do like her better! but I had to work with what i had! this whole craft cost me $2.00! so im pretty happy about it! 

okay I'm not done but I will hurry! then my bestie over at thepotters-place.com made the cutest wreath! 
valentine+wreath.jpg

to die for!! 

so I had tule on hand and I had the wreath from sis's birthday party that I knew I wasn't going to use again.. so I just did what she did a lot of cutting and tying! here's how it turned out!

I wanted to do another layer of tule but I got lazy! I'll save it for next year! ;) 
I hope you LOVE my Valentine's day crafts! even though they are a few days late! 


No comments:

Post a Comment