Monday, March 3, 2014

Home Made Protein Bars

YUMMY! 

I am a HUGE protein girl! I love foods with protein, protein shake, and most of all protein bars.  
I am obsessed with Quest bars! but let's be honest they are pretty expensive.
I haven't calculated prices out to make these but they HAVE to be cheaper and they taste like no bake cookies!!!! 


Okay so I have done this two ways! 
the first way is with natural peanut butter just from the store! if you do it this way it is harder more like a protein bar you'd buy... 
the second way is with PB2. This way is a little more gooey but still really good just not as firm! 

. Peanut Butter Protein Bars . 
2 Cups peanut butter 
1 3/4 Cups honey 
2 1/4 Protein powder 
3 Cups dried oatmeal 

In a microwave safe bowl mix the peanut butter and honey for one min. 
add protein and oats. 
mix together and put in a 9x13 pan
put in the fridge to cool

(I like mine to look pretty so I take a piece of wax paper and put it over top then take a spatula and press them down till its even and smooth!) 

a couple of tips and side notes to making these!

*go to sam's club to get your honey! it's the cheapest and you will go through it VERY fast with these bad boys! 
*protein powder I used chocolate Carmel because thats what I had but it tastes AMAZING! 
*Cut them before you refrigerate 
*I just leave mine in the fridge all the time! I like mine cold. 

I hope you love these as much as I do! 

1 comment:

  1. Do u use 2 cups of the dry peanut butter or do u mis it with water and use 2 cups prepared?

    ReplyDelete